I am still working on my full 2012 NY Resolutions. But I'm ready to share my Knitting category. It is the second half of January after all.
Projects Wish List (need to still select patterns for each)
- Winter hats for the boys
- Matching mittens
- Charlie's hat
- Charlie's sweaters (at least two)
- Toy knitting!
- At least one knit bag
- At least one pair of slippers
- Three pairs of socks
- Mitts for myself
- Create a handknit gift stash (thinking hats, cowls, coffee cozies, etc.)
- I'm thinking 6 sweaters for myself. Last year I did 9 but that didn't leave much time to knit sweaters for others. And by others, I mostly mean Charlie because I keep bumping his sweater off the top of the list.
- Organize my Ravelry queue
- Organize my stash
- Photograph and post stash on Ravelry
- Destash any yarn I do not love
Techniques to conquer in 2012:
- Steeking, gulp.
- Socks two at a time on one circular
- Socks, toe-up
Other Knitterly Goals:
- Test knit a pattern
- Knit a circle yoke sweater using Elizabeth Zimmerman's "EPS" formula
- Knit the cowl, hat, shawlette, and simple cardi I've designed in my mind. Or at least one of these.
I will probably add to this list so need to find somewhere for it to "live" on the blog. Plus, I'd love to annotate items or cross things off as they are completed.
I actually already have one! I get to test knit a beautiful new pattern for Thea Colman--the amazing and talented designer of BabyCocktails fame. You may recall she designed the Narragansett I knitted earlier this year. I love her designs so could not feel luckier I get to test knit. It is an Aran weight project and I'm zipping along. I need to double check but I think I can post a sneak peek of the sweater as long as I don't reveal the entire design. In the meantime, if you are on Ravelry, you can see Thea's project page and teaser pic here.